Girl's Maci Top - Pattern Review

I've got another girl's pattern review for you today! This is another pattern from Bella Sunshine Designs! If you missed my last review, make sure you check out the Maggie Dress review I did. It's such a great beginner knit sewing pattern and a great way to practice for the Maci which I'm reviewing today! If you make it to the end of the post there's a discount code for Maci pattern you're gonna want to grab! 😉


Similar to the Maggie, the Maci is a pattern designed for knit fabrics. However, Maci is designed for fabrics with a 2 way stretch, rather than a 4 way stretch. I'll probably do a post soon on the difference between knit fabrics and how to figure out what to buy, but for now Melissa has great information on how to choose the right knit fabric for this pattern included with the pattern and instructions!


I used two knit fabrics that I purchased from Spun Honey Fabrics. The main is a solid from Birch Fabrics called "Mineral" and the accent is from Riley Blake's "When Skies are Grey" collection called "Skies Heart Black".


When I measured "A" for this pattern (only a week since measuring her for the Maggie) her measurements had changed slightly, so for this pattern I did a size 2 chest, size 3 waist, and the size 18 month height. My one piece of advice I can give you is to make sure you are always using accurate/up to date measurements. It will make all of your garments look and fit better!


I tend to choose simple looks with my fabrics, but with the waistband and bow details on this, you could have so much fun with mixing and matching. Plus, even though you can't tell much from my version, when you make the "babydoll" or "dress" lengths of this your daughter is going to love the twirl factor!

The construction on the neckline and sleeves was a little different than ones I have done in the past, but it actually seemed to make things more simple for me. I decided that since I didn't have a twin needle on hand to finish the hems and neckline, I would use one of my decorative stitches for a fun touch. 


The most fun part of this design, by far, is the added bow detail on the waistband. The band is a part of the top, but the bow is put together separately and then hand sewn on at the very end. 


Like I said, can you imagine how much fun you could have with all the different ways you could put this look together?!

Pattern Details:
  • Three length options: Top, Babydoll, and Dress
  • Sizes 6M to 12Y 
  • Layers option
  • A0 print ship file
  • Trim patterns formatted for letter and A4

We took this top out for a spin in the neighborhood and then the next day to the Fort Worth Zoo for "A's" last big outing before becoming a big sister. It was a huge success! The loose fit, comfy fabrics, and fun design made it perfect for running around all day! 


Love it, yet?! 

You'll love it even more when I tell you it's on sale (today only!) You can use this link Girls Maci Top & Dress (affiliate) and discount code "delight" to get this pattern for $5 (normally $8) all day today!

To see more Maci inspiration make sure you check out the Bella Sunshine Designs PDF Pattern Group! 

Happy Sunday! Happy Sewing!

For more pattern reviews, pictures, and tutorials make sure you follow us on Facebook & Instagram!








Comments

Popular Posts