Sew My Style 2018 - February Plans & Inspiration

Hey everyone! Today I am going to be sharing my first post about participating in the #sewmystyle2018 challenge. I jumped in a little late, so I skipped January and am diving into February's challenge!

For February, two patterns were selected. One was the Rumana Coat from By Hand London. It's gorgeous and I even thought that if I could make it hip length and in a lighter fabric it would make a great spring coat, but I am just not that ambitious right now (hello 36 weeks pregnant), so I am opting for the second choice which is the Estelle Ponte Jacket from Style Arc Patterns. I think it is going to be perfect for transitioning from Winter to Spring and from maternity clothes to a post-partum/mom of 3 wardrobe.


As I have been thinking about making the Estelle I know I want it to be something that is comfortable, easy to wear and baby/toddler friendly. For me, that means making sure it is a comfortable fabric, is long enough to cover areas that need to be covered and easy to clean!

Below are my inspiration pictures for look/style/fabric/color, etc.


This first set are all ones I was drawn to first. I'm easily drawn to neutrals. However, I don't think the white or light tan will work for #momlife, and the dark green one seems a bit dark for wanting something that's going to take me into Spring. 


Apparently, I'm also really drawn to this dusty pink/blush/rose color right now because I saved all of these as well. I think I have enough neutral colored t-shirts that I could easily do this color with a tee and jeans or leggings. Florals and patterns are so out of my comfort zone, but I still love this green and I felt like a green with florals would be more Winter to Spring appropriate. 


These four are my inspiration for possibly hacking this pattern into a sleeveless cardigan. I LOVE wearing 3/4 length tops/button up shirts and I think I'd enjoy throwing a sleeveless cardigan on over it for errands or even over a cute dress for a date night. 

Now that I've done some inspiration searching, I'm going to do a round up of fabrics that could be could for this pattern in my next post! Stay tuned!! 

*****

Are you participating in #sewmystyle2018? If so, which pattern did you choose to make for February? 


Be sure to follow along on Facebook & Instagram









Comments

Popular Posts