Girl's Maggie Dress - Sunday Sunshine Sale

Whew! We are almost through January! How is everyone doing on their goals and resolutions? As far as my sewing goals...I have checked ONE off my list! My first goal was to actually get my sewing stuff unpacked in the new house and set up so I could actually sew!

CHECK! DONE!

After that, I moved away from my goal list for this project. I had the opportunity to take part in a pattern test for a  special "re-release" of the girl's Maggie Top/Tunic/Dress by Bella Sunshine Designs! It is being featured today in their new Sunday Sunshine sale! If you don't have a copy of this pattern yet, let me show you why you should take advantage of the sale!


The Maggie is the perfect knit staple for a girl's wardrobe! With options of 2 necklines, 3 sleeve lengths, and 3 hem lengths, filling your daughter's closet with comfortable, easy-to-wear outfits will be a breeze!

I used a knit fabric from Art Gallery Fabrics' Charleston collection. The fabric is called "Garden of Dreams". I purchased mine from Spun Honey Fabrics. Marian is GREAT! You can check out her website or join her Facebook group.



When I tested this pattern, "A" measured between the 12 month and 18 month sizes in various places, so I actually ended up grading this pattern, which was new for me. For reference, I did a 12 month chest, 18 month waist, 12 month hip, and 18 month length.

The options I chose to sew were the high neckline, 3/4 length sleeve, and the dress length. Other options included in the pattern are a lower neckline, short or long sleeves, and a top or tunic length.



If you've never sewn with knits, this is a great beginner pattern! There are only 4 pattern pieces to cut, and there are tutorials for sewing the neckband as well as getting the perfect fit! Plus, Melissa has included a ton of other great tips and information all within the pattern! Bella Sunshine Designs' patterns really make learning to sew much easier!



This pattern is on sale TODAY ONLY as part of Bella Sunshine Design's new "Sunday Sunshine Sale"!

There's a ladies version too! I haven't made one yet because I'm huge and pregnant, but you can bet I'll be grabbing the ladies pattern in today's sale so I can make it in the future! I'd love to be able to sew up some quick knit tunic tops for post-partum life! 

The girl's pattern will be on sale for $5, the ladies for $6 or you can grab them as a bundle for $10! 

In order to take advantage of the sale, just jump on over and join the Bella Sunshine Designs PDF Pattern group! The discount codes are provided in the group. Plus, it's a great place to ask questions about patterns and see a ton of great inspiration!

And...in case you think we take ourselves too seriously during photo shoots...think again!




 Get the Discount Codes Here: Bella Sunshine Designs PDF Pattern Group




******

If you'd like to see more of what I make and stay up to date on new posts...











Comments

Popular Posts