beards, mustaches, glasses, OH MY!

Most of my sewing projects and posts so far have been geared towards either myself or my daughter. So, lots of skirts, dresses, and girly fabrics.

Today, we are going to look at something a little different and a piece that I love so much!

This little vest makes me so happy!


Let's talk about the fabric first! The fabrics for this project are all from Hawthorne Threads. They sent me this fun little gift of fabrics from a few collections by Dear Stella

As soon as I saw this fabric, I knew I wanted to make a fun little piece of clothing for a boy. At first I thought about doing a bow tie, but I knew that wouldn't be big enough to show off all these great beards!

I settled on a vest after a few days of thinking and decided to try out this Boy's Vest Pattern from Jessica Rabbit at Me Sew Crazy. The pattern calls for an exterior fabric and an interior fabric. I actually ended up using four different fabrics. 

I used the beards for the front exterior fabric, and I used a plain white cotton for the back interior fabric. This white cotton was fabric from my stash. 


I didn't get a picture of the back of the vest, but the material that I used on the pockets is the same material I used for the exterior back. It's called Net in Smoke from the Net collection by Dear Stella


I used this fabric for the front, interior lining. It's called Dress Stripe in Orange from the Dress Stripe Collection by Dear Stella.


I really like the pop of color on the inside lining. I wanted to bring that to the outside as well, which is why I went with the orange buttons. 



One of my favorite details on the pattern are these little front exterior pockets! I had never sewn pockets like this, so I spent a lot of time making sure I got it right. I'm pretty sure that pockets elevate any outfit for me. 


This vest obviously wasn't made for A, but she did have a fun time trying it on. 


I actually made this vest for A's friend Cole. He's the cutest and one of the few boys (actually the only boy) in A's nursery class at Church. I wanted to see how it looked once it was done so I made sure to make it in his size and gave it to his Momma. I can't wait to see him in it! 

I've got a few more projects coming up including some things I've been sewing more myself, as well as Addison's Easter outfit, so stay tuned!






Comments

Popular Posts