Sew My Style 2018 March - Kalle Shirt Dress - Closet Case Patterns

Hey all! Today I am sharing my second make for Sew My Style 2018! The first one was my Estelle Ponte Jacket for February, but the twins' birth kind of interrupted me finishing my final version and blogging about it, but I will share it soon!

So, we skip ahead to March's challenge which was the Kalle Shirt & Shirt Dress from Closet Case Patterns. This was my first time sewing a Closet Case pattern, and I really enjoyed it. The pattern is very detailed and the instructions are excellent. As a bonus, there is an extremely helpful sew-a-long that you can follow if you are more visual. I used the pattern instructions and the sew-a-long while I was putting mine together.


This was my first time sewing a shirt for myself that had a placket, collar and yoke. I had to really pay close attention and re-read the instructions and the sew-a-long for all of these, but in the end they came out well. They would have come out even better had I used the correct seam allowance throughout!


I am pleased with how the top came out. I chose to sew version B (the tunic) with the popover placket. Next time, I will probably stick with version B and the popover placket but I will shorten the overall length of it and make the hi/low hem a little less dramatic. I sewed a straight size 14 which I think is the right size for me, but I will also probably grade the seams in a bit around the waist to give it a bit more definition.


All in all, I had a lot of fun sewing this pattern and even more fun seeing everyone else's reveals on Instagram! If you're looking for more inspiration for your #kalleshirtdress check out the #sewmystyle2018 tag on Instagram to see all of the other lovely versions.





Keep up with me on Facebook and Instagram! I'd love to connect with you!
https://www.facebook.com/jaylynpacehandmade
https://www.instagram.com/jaylynpace_handmade


Comments

Popular Posts