Estelle Jacket Fabric Options - February Sew My Style

It's officially February!! Earlier this week I posted my inspiration and reasons why I decided to use the Estelle Jacket pattern over the Rumana Coat for my February project for #sewmystyle. If you missed it, be sure to check it out here.

Today, I've got a round up of fabric options to share!


The Estelle pattern calls for a Ponte fabric or other "stable" knit fabric. Now, I've never sewn or even touched Ponte (that I know), so it's hard for me to know what the pattern meant by "stable" knit. So, I turned to my favorite resource for fabric info Fabrics A to Z: The Essential Guide to Choosing and Using Fabric for Sewing (affiliate) by Dana Willard of Made Everyday. I love this book and I especially loved it for this because under the "knit" section Dana clarifies whether or not the fabric is a stable knit or not!

The first options I'm going to share are all Ponte fabrics, so you know you'll be on the right track if you use one of these.



This next set of fabric options are other "stable" knits that I think would be good. Now, I'm no fabric expert, but from what I've read and understand, these should work! And I'm hoping they do, because most of my favorites are in this group! 




I've decided that if my "test run" of this jacket turns out well, then I will probably make multiples of this jacket, and these are definitely my top three picks! I'll probably end up doing the pattern as is in the gray fabric, and then use the floral and the pink for a couple different hacked versions if I can get the plans worked out!

SO! What fabric are you using for your Estelle? If you're using a Ponte, share your favorite shops to get Ponte from! Even if I don't use it for this, I want to sew something with it since everyone seems to love it!!

Stay up to date on my progress on Facebook & Instagram! And if you're joining in on the project, make sure to use #sewmystyle2018 so I can see what you're making!


Comments

Popular Posts